LW WWII FIGHTER PILOT, SUMMER
This combo represents a German Luftwaffe WWII fighter pilot in a summer flying outfit.
We will start with a list of the main components which will be updated with more detailed descriptions and appropriate links to items already featured on our website.
Be sure to visit this page from time to time in order to see the updates as soon as they become available.
- Flying helmet Netzkopfhaube LKpN 101
- Protective goggles Model FL30550 (Splitterschutzbrille), third version manufactured by Nitsche & Günther
- Model 10-30 B2 inflatable life preserver
- Private purchase leather jacket
- Summer version of the Kanalhose (channel trousers)
- Fighter type leather flying gloves
- Flying boots
- Wrist compass, attached to the life preserver
- Prototype of a Dräger oxygen mask (based on the USAAF Mask A-10)
- Seat type parachute
- Flare straps for signal cartridges
- Utility knife (Klappmesser)
- Model M 37 – Fémaru pistol (Hungarian) in a German produced holster made of canvas and leather.
- Hanhart pilot wristwatch from 1943 (Zweidrücker)
- Armband marked "Deutsche Luftwaffe", here wrapped around the left trouser pocket.
This armband was introduced with LV 45, - No. 27 (Luftwaffe-Verordnungsblatt - Luftwaffe regulation sheet) of 29 December 1944, to be worn by German airmen during missions over the Reich to identify and distinguish them from shot-down enemy aircrew. This rationale was a result of the similarity of flight suits of the various air crews.